Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pencil to paper

Can it be? Is he really old enough to write his name already? Where has the time gone?
This picture sends a rush of emotions through me. 
To think he is no longer a baby,
but a big boy leaning and growing. 

I get tears because he is growing up right before my eyes 
and at the same time I get those crazy-happy-mommy tears
when I see just how much of a big boy he is becoming. 

He's been able to write his name for a while 
but just now is he getting really good 
at it. 

I feel so blessed to be able to be a (mostly) stay-at-home-mom
so I can stop by his school
and witness moments like this.

Moments of tender, innocent learning. 

He's just getting too big. 
Riley Bear,
can you please just say little a while longer?
Pretty please?




No comments:

Post a Comment