Tuesday, April 24, 2012

the one where God humbled me

i went to work yesterday with a sore throat. i honestly can't remember the last time my throat has hurt so bad. it really wasn't that bad, i just made it seem that way. after a cup of coffee, a few cough drops, and a cup of broth i went home feeling a littler better. 

here i was, at a hospital, complaining of how bad i felt. seriously? at least i was working there and not a patient. i think they have more to complain about than me, yet there i was, making a big deal out of something quite insignificant. in the midst of me being a baby God showed me who was really hurting.

my own friends. several of them. hurting. in a more painful way than my silly sore throat. i can't help but wonder if God is using this sore throat to show me something. i bet he is. he works like that, ya know. i've always been a listening ear for my friends, i try my best to encourage them along the way but sometimes i get wrapped up in my own 'pain.' selfish, i know. i'm human. we all are. 

several of my friends have lost loved ones, some are dealing with divorce, learning to cope with a traumatic childhood...and here i am whining over a sore throat. as i said my prayers this morning i asked God to take over and heal me, then i prayed specifically for each and every one of my hurting friends. i broke down. the pain my friends are feeling is far worse than the pain of my own sickness. 

i've been there...where my friends are now. it wasn't easy and i didn't get through it all alone. God was there, my friends and family were there. and now i need to be there for my friends. i need to encourage each of them. pray for them. hold their hands. hug them. love them. just as they all did for me. just as God does every day for me

let's make a deal. set aside your selfishness with me and pray for those you know who are hurting. pray for those all around the world who are hurting. pray for those who are too prideful, scared, unwilling to ask for help. pray that they find comfort in our God. our Savior. our Refuge. 

ask God to bring them peace in the midst of losing a loved one. 
ask God to protect them from those who are hurting them.
ask God to give them a forgiving heart.
ask God to take away their pain.
pray


1 Peter 3:8
Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and
humble.





James 5:13-16
13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.



1 comment:

  1. Искам да използвам тази възможност, за да оценя д-р Екпен за добрата работа, която той прави по света, много от вас трябва да са преди него и какво прави. Причината, поради която аз го оценявам на този сайт, е, че може би някой там е изправен пред същото предизвикателство и той / тя не знае какво да направи след това, за да реши проблема, д-р Екпен е чудесно заклинание и приятелски ако имате проблем с брака си, можете да се свържете с него по правилния начин и той ще бъде облечен да ви помогне. Свържете се с него сега по електронната поща на ekpentemple@gmail.com или на Whatsaap +2347050270218.

    ReplyDelete